[wp-hackers] RE: slow posting..

Donncha O Caoimh donncha at linux.ie
Tue Dec 7 11:18:15 UTC 2004

Adding enclosures to posts shouldn't slow things down much - I issue a
HEAD request for the linked media file and close the connection after I
receive two carriage returns. That way it doesn't matter if keep alives
are on or not. We could do the same with the
discover_pingback_server_uri function perhaps? I haven't looked at that
code yet but it seems like a good bet for speeding things up!

Donncha.