[wp-hackers] Please, please PLEASE use tabs instead of spaces!

David House dave at xmouse.ithium.net
Mon Aug 30 12:03:18 UTC 2004

Just a note to anyone writing core code or plugins: PLEASE use tabs (that's \t)
instead of spaces. It means a huge reduction in filesize, and I (and others)
have my tab length set at 2, not the usual 4 (which works for me), which means
documents render oddly if spaces are used. After downloading the latest
/wp-includes/classes.php from the CVS and running a find-replace of 4 spaces
replaced with 1 tab, Dreamweaver found 1070 instances to replace. 1070! Come
on, guys.