[wp-hackers] WP Tabs

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 02:35:53 UTC 2004

There's an html export feature on the wiki, so you don;t need to
re-write/edit the pages. The docs are GPLed, I guess. Get in touch
with Matt if you need the export. (
http://wiki.wordpress.org/PhpWikiAdministration requires admin
permissions)

However, Arvind, it would be nice if you linked to the wiki. Content
there is updated and edited once in a while. Whichever way you want to
do it, I think it will be a useful resource.

Carthik.

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:59:18 +0530, Arvind Satyanarayan
<arvind_2111 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Haha I'm sorry I had removed the credit because in a few weeks I'll be
> putting up my own CSS etc for that, until then I'll put up your credit
> sorry ;)
>
> Ok before I start I just need to know a few things, MT Tabs is basically
> a set of pages hosted on /my/ server which points to MT docs again on my
> server. Now since I don't use WP I don't have a copy of the docs, I
> could either:
>
> 1) Write up the WP Tabs pages - the actual content of the sidebars - and
> put the pages on my server. The links would point to the docs on
> wordpress.org
>
> 2) Download a copy of the wordpress docs and have everything on my
> server - its 99.9% up :P so that should be ok.
>
> I'm considering the possibility of people hosting it on their own
> servers but then the javascript etc. to create the sidebars and
> explaining it will cause many problems. What do you think ?
>
> Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>
> > At 18:36 +0530 8/24/04, Arvind Satyanarayan wrote:
> >
> >> I'm deliberating creating a WordPress counter part to my succesful MT
> >> Tabs project. MT Tabs (http://www.movalog.com/mttabs/) is a
> >> bookmarklet that lists all the tags in MT. Clicking on one of these
> >> tags will take you to the appropriate section in the MT docs and
> >> hence will give you further information on how to use it.
> >>
> >> I'm thinking of creating a "WP Tabs" but before I embarked on this
> >> project wanted to know the general consensus (whether it is needed,
> >> useful and whether it has already been implemented) If no one has
> >> done something similar I would love to undertake the project, I have
> >> had a quick look @ the tags docs and found that it is upto a standard
> >> where I can quickly and easily write this project up!
> >

> >    I'd love to have this available.  If you do it, though, and use the
> > same markup and CSS, you might want to restore the credit comment from
> > the files they used to create MT-Tabs.  You can see said comment here:
> > <http://devedge.netscape.com/toolbox/sidebars/2001/css2qr/css2qr-sb.css>.
> >    Okay, so it was me.  But hey, at least you'd be restoring the
> > credit to a fellow WP user!
> >

> --
> Arvind Satyanarayan
> http://blog.arvind-satya.com - Chinwags from Abu Dhabi
> http://www.movalog.com - Movalog ~ All Things Movable Type

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net