[wp-hackers] Default Date is Inhumane...

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Aug 23 23:44:59 UTC 2004

The international date format is YYYY-MM-DD.  It makes sense for a few
reasons.  For one, it does not resemble the ambiguous MM-DD-YYYY or
DD-MM-YYYY formats, so people won't make assumptions about dates such as
04-02-2005.  Secondly, it is sortable.  Take a look at this list:

2004-06-04
2004-06-08
2004-07-02
2004-08-05

Alphabetical/numerological order == chronological order.

Day is a subset of month, which is a subset of year.

Just my 2 cents/euro-cents/pence ;-)

- Mark