[wp-hackers] Default Date is Inhumane...

lowmagnet lowmagnet at lowmag.net
Mon Aug 23 20:00:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 09:45:14PM +0200, Michael Heilemann wrote:
> Hi all,

The default date syntax for WordPress is 'n/j/Y', which outputs:
> 8/23/2004
>
> I suggest using 'l, F jS, Y', which'll output: Monday, August 23rd, 2004

I also noticed this. I use 'j F Y' for my format '23 August 2004' which I think is also a more international way of putting it (English, I'm told)

> The same is the case for the time setup, which currently uses 'g:i a',

I think the time of day has no place in a journal, but that's just the way I set things up. I also like 'military' time, as we Americans call it.

-eli