[wp-hackers] Two different servers, one wp install

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Aug 17 23:22:49 UTC 2004

I have deirdre.net, which I host externally, as well as deirdre.org, which
I host at home. I've always rsynced the same files to both sites -- just
right now I exclude certain directories from the deirdre.net site.

I've considered making the blog the main web site, linking to a few static
pages as well.

However, there's the problem of what site it thinks it is as well as
connecting -- conditionally -- to one db vs. another.

Has anyone done this before? I think I know enough to manage it, but if
someone has already done it, I'd appreciate pointers for any gotchas I
didn't think of.

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net        blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
yarn: http://fuzzyorange.com    cat's blog: http://fuzzyorange.com/vsd/