[wp-hackers] user-specified default post fields (was: keywords...)

omjn looplog at looplog.org
Wed Aug 11 17:42:14 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I'm looking at ways of making WP do the things I want to do (rather than
what it wants me to do), and for this I really would find it helpful to
be able to have user-specified default posts in this manner.  It would
be great to have this feature in a future update, especially if it were
a part of the admin interface in a way that from a list of all available
fields the desired ones could chosen by radio buttons or something
similar.  I guess for now though, I'm going to have to try hacking
something in myself as I need this feature pretty quickly.  Anybody got
any tips as to where I should start looking in the WP code such that I
can change the default fields of new posts?  Or is it as simple as just
adding a global field to the mysql database?  I'll start trawling the
code for obvious calls, but any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

Michael Noble