[wp-hackers] Re: CSS

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Fri Aug 6 20:45:03 UTC 2004

Craig Hartel said:
> I don't think that contests are the way to go. They attract the usual
> awesome
> people, make the newbies (and me) feel inadequate, and there isn't enough
> control over quality and standards-compliance.

Hogwash!  Any entry that does not comply with the rules is totally
disqualified.

I understand your point, though.  Perhaps the folks here on the hackers
list can work together to create a small selection of _basic_ fixed- and
fluid designs for inclusion with WordPress?  Again, the goal shouldn't be
something super fancy, but something that newbies can a) use without
modification to display a useful and pleasing site; b) use as a template
to sink their teeth into for advanced customization.