[bbDev] New authcookie methods landed

Sam Bauers sam at automattic.com
Thu Jan 10 05:56:07 GMT 2008

Hi,

The first pass at getting bbPress cookies compatible with the new
"authcookie" WordPress cookies has just landed in trunk.

I'd appreciate both stand alone and integrated testing of the new
cookie setup. Integration should work in both directions (i.e. logging
in from either WP or bbPress should gain you access to both).

Some changes were made to the installer to accommodate some new
settings. Please let me know if any of the language is confusing in
the installer and the options admin pages.

N.B. the inability to view or edit the new "secret" option (stored in
the db) and the new "SECRET_KEY" constant is deliberate.

For reference:
	http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5367

Thanks,

Sam