[bbDev] bbPress SVN structure

Sam Bauers sam at automattic.com
Thu Apr 3 16:59:39 GMT 2008

Hi bbDevs,

With the release of 0.9 (errr... and then 0.9.0.1) we have the
opportunity to put our SVN usage right again.

When bbPress 0.8.4 was re-versioned to bbPress 0.9 we continued our
development in branches 0.8 - this was probably not the right thing to
do, but there you have it.

Now that 0.9 is delivered we have created branches/0.9 for the purpose
of providing a maintenance branch of the 0.9 stream. There are no
plans for a version 0.9.1 so you should only expect bug fixes in that
branch from now on.

branches/0.8 right now basically (and unusually) contains 0.9.0.1 -
don't expect that to be updated again. If you were using that branch
for a production environment and you have it up to date, I suggest you
switch to branches/0.9

Trunk will now become the one true development version once more as we
concentrate our efforts on completing BackPress integration and adding
all the goodies that come with it. Bring on version 1.0

Sam

Sam Bauers
Automattic, Inc.

sam at automattic.com