[bbDev] Release Proposal

Sam Bauers sam at viveka.net.au
Sun Jun 24 17:42:03 GMT 2007

The recent release of 0.8.2 and the subsequent patch 0.8.2.1
highlights a problem with the release proposal.

The proposed 0.8.2 should have been 0.9.0 then the patch would have
been the more sensible 0.9.1

This falls in line with the generally accepted idea that the second
number in a version string should be for feature releases (which is
what we are talking about for these releases), and that the third
number is for patches and bug fixes.

Can I suggest we correct the path of the version numbers and make the
next feature release 0.9, that would adjust the initially proposed
list as follows:

0.8.2   Slug permalinks and hierarchical forums (ASAP).
0.9.x   XML-RPC: receiving pingbacks
0.10.x  Pseudo-cron: sending pingbacks, deleting spam older than X days
0.11.x  WP's new taxonomy structure: extensible post flags (including
bozo, spam rework)

... of course we'll have to forget that those naught-point-seventy
releases ever happened.

Sam

  Sam Bauers

  sam at viveka.net.au