[bbDev] Pingbacks and the posts table

fel64 at loinhead.net fel64 at loinhead.net
Fri Jul 20 20:17:14 GMT 2007

A post type column with additional data in usermeta sounds good. Can that
be attached to a fake user? I'm not sure if fake users are a good idea but
it would be good to make longer-term structural changes that accommodate
any future plans. Another sort of fake user could be Anonymous?

It would be annoying to add several columns to the table just in case
they're needed in a different type of post. That's exactly what usermeta
is for, right?

post_type also seems good because it could be a good way to implement
whispering in a similar way to how Vanilla does, which I'd be interested
in. Having private posts to someone in the middle of another topic sounds
a good system (private topics also possible) and that could work? Someone
else was also talking about making special topics editable by anyone,
which could benefit from this.

Where is that pagination stuff? It would be nice to get rid of post_order.
It's really not normal form and it makes a lot of operations like merging
or splitting a lot more complicated.

Felix