[bbDev] bbpress will not login if I configure it to use wordpress user and pass cookies

0 1 primate.code at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 20:33:58 GMT 2006

Michael,

I tried your latest work and have some testing feedback for you:

Here is the process I went through:

deleted relevant cookies
removed my existing bbpress image
decompressed bbpress-2006-09-20.zip to forums in my wordpress directory
edited config.php (except for the wp intergration part)
ran the install script
I can view forums
edited config.php to affect the wp integration
copied my-templates into forums
tried to view forums and received this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: add_action() in
/home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/beta/forums/bb-includes/bozo.php
on line 251

added
require_once "../wp-config.php";  (I initially thought WP_BB might include this)
to config.php

I can view forums
I login to bbpress but receive the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: do_action_ref_array() in
/home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/beta/forums/bb-includes/capabilities.php
on line 250

A cookie is written and subsequent attempts to load bbpress fail with
the same error.  If I load wordpress, it recognizes the bbpress user
and pass cookies.  If I clear cookies and login with wordpress first,
the next bbpress load fails with the same error.

I moved do_action_ref_array() from bb-includes/wp-functions.php to
bbincludes/functions.php and it address the error.  bbpress recognizes
my wordpress login an vise versa.  I can view forums.

There is an issue with posting:
bbpress shows the users (admin) as Inactive.  This lets me login, but
I cannot post since the post form is hidden.

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks again for your work on bbpress!