[bbDev] bbpress will not login if I configure it to use wordpress user and pass cookies

0 1 primate.code at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:04:07 GMT 2006

Hello,

Configuraiton is based on September 19 nightly.

When I configure bbpress to use wordpress user and pass cookies the ui
never shows the users logged in state.  If I login with the bbpress
login_form I can see the wordpress user and pass cookies updated; but
the bbpress ui acts as if the user is not logged in.  If I change
cookiepath in bbpress' config.php so that it no longer matches
wordpress cookies, bbpress' login works normally.

I checked the latest updates and found some work around the login
check.  Hoping this would solve the issue an reinstalled bbpress using
the nightly from September 19

Once I added the wp integration steps (outlined below).  I received
the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare stripslashes_deep() (previously declared
in /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/beta/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php:546)
in /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/forum/bb-includes/functions.php
on line 1520

I resolved that error by wrapping that function with
  if ( !( defined('WP_BB') && WP_BB ) )

Unfortunately that did not resolve the login issue I describe above.
I began to examine the code, but thought it wiser to request
assistance.  Any help is appreciated.

Collected for the benefit of others:
How I integrated wordpress and bbpress using the posts bbdev archives.

I began with the nightly from September 19.

I have edited config.php as per:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Ergate/wpmu_bbPress_integration

I searched the archives and found:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/bbdev/2006-September/000633.html
so I added
define('WP_BB', true);
to config.php

I still got the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_locale() (previously declared in
/home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/beta/wp-includes/wp-l10n.php:9)
in /home/virtual/site22/fst/var/www/html/forum/bb-includes/l10n.php on
line 8

I found this posting
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/bbdev/2006-August/000618.html
so I commented
require( BBPATH . 'bb-includes/l10n.php')
in bb-settings.php