[bbDev] Version Upgrade Directions for bbPress

Sean Hayford O'Leary sdho at sdho.org
Fri Sep 15 13:07:23 GMT 2006

1. Rename "bb-templates" to "my-templates" (if it isn't already)
2. If your config file is still called "bb-config.php", rename it "config.php"
3. Delete all bb- folders and files.
4. Get the latest nightly build, and upload all except the dummy config file.
5. Go to http://yourbbpress.org/bb-admin/upgrade.php

(And the boilerplate: back up your db and files first!!)

-Sean Hayford O'Leary

On 9/15/06, Ersinghaus, Stephen V <SErsinghaus at txcc.commnet.edu> wrote:

> I'm running a fairly old version of bbPress at
> http://www.steveersinghaus.com/bbpress/. I'm wondering if
> anyone can point me to a straight-forward set of directions for upgrading to
> a newest build that will allow me to keep styles and content intact.

Sean Hayford O'Leary
http://sdho.org