[bbDev] integration of a localized bbpress with a localized WP

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sun Oct 22 12:09:28 GMT 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:30:44 +0200, Luc Saint-Elie <lstelie at gmail.com>
wrote:

>1- The lang variable is WPLANG both in WP and bbpress (http://
>bbpress.org/forums/topic/6?replies=29) so when the WP integration
>settings are set on in config.php, bbpress tranlastion doesn't work
>anymore. bbpress localized strings seems to be look for in the WP .po
>file so bbpress .po file is no more taken in account

This is already solved in trunk development, Michael Adams said few
days ago is realising soon a .073 version aimed mainly on i18n
problem, I personally signaled and submitted a patch for some i18n
problmes (missed strings etc) tahta are already resolved in trunk. In
trunk version thre language for bbPress is set using BBLANG now that
should solve the problem.

>2 - It would be great to have bbpress CSS tags named bb_mydivname,
>because curently the naming sheme interferes a lot with WP one (for
>example both can have a <div="header"> )

if people agree would be easily to make a patch for the defaul theme
using this method for CSS tags, let's wait for other submit theyr
point of view.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it