[bbDev] (no subject)

Aaron aaron at paintbox.org
Fri Jan 27 16:38:48 GMT 2006

Upon doing a little looking at my bbPress install, I realized I had the
same problem that was previously mentioned today, no admin link.  I
realized that this error started to occur after I updated my bb-config
with some code I recently recieved from Matt on the WPMU dev forum
http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/207 .

Oddly enough, I hadnt noticed this at the time, but after I used Matts
code above, sessions and cookies still did not carry from MU to bb, but
when logged into bbPress the admin link from the top of the page was
missing.  I have now taken part of Matts code and mixed it with portions
from code I have retrieved from this list, and at least my admin links are
available again, but logins are still not carrying from WP to bb.

Part of the way I was able to get my admin link back was by adding the md5
has business that I mentioned removing earlier.

Here is my current bb-config, maybe some suggestions.

<?php
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('BBDB_NAME', 'XXXXX');     // The name of the database
define('BBDB_USER', 'XXXXX');     // Your MySQL username
define('BBDB_PASSWORD', 'XXXXX'); // ...and password
define('BBDB_HOST', 'localhost');     // 99% chance you won't need to
change this value

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single
database.
$bb_table_prefix  = 'bb_';

$bb->domain = 'http://www.domain.com';        // There should be no trailing
slash here.
$bb->path   = '/bbpress/';                        // There should be both
a leading and
trailing slash here. '/' is fine.
$bb->name   = 'Domain dot Com forum';

$bb->admin_email = 'admin at domain.com';
$bb->mod_rewrite = true;
$bb->page_topics = 30;

// Number of minutes after posting a user can edit their post
$bb->edit_lock = 60;

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');

$myhash = md5($bb->domain); // No trailing slash.  This should be WP's
'siteurl', which can be easily found by browsing to wp-admin/options.php.

$bb->usercookie = 'wordpressuser_' . $myhash;
$bb->passcookie = 'wordpresspass_' . $myhash;
$bb->cookiepath = '/';
$bb->cookiedomain = '.domian.com';

$bb->gmt_offset = -5;

/* Stop editing */

define('BBPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/' );
require_once( BBPATH . 'bb-settings.php' );
?>