[bbDev] Any estimate on when in beta?

Sean Hayford O'Leary hayfordoleary at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:55:04 GMT 2006

As far as I've heard, there doesn't seem to be any commited date when
bbPress will leave alpha. That said, I've never experienced any serious
problems with it.

Technically, phpBB and other platforms can be integrated with WP, but...
gross. See http://wordpress.org/support/topic/37770.

On 2/3/06, Ari Kontiainen <ari.kontiainen at sci.fi> wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking for a forum sw to be used with WP (now using 1.5.x,
> planning to upgrade to 2.0.x). User integration is one of the most
> important "features" I'm looking for. Just like it seems to be to
> many of the members of this mailing list.
>
> So, I've read lots of mails in archives of this mailing list where
> people have referred to bbpress being alpha at the moment. I
> understand and accept it. But ... do we have any idea when bbpress
> could reach beta and kind of more mature state?
>
> Most likely alpha sw is not my kind of stuff, but I do like what I
> see, and understood that since WP and bbpress projects seem to
> benefit from same talents, "easy user integration" and all things
> like that could potentially be there in the future. The only question
> would be, when... Any estimates?
>
> Or, alternatively, (...maybe this is not the correct mailing list to
> ask, but...) is there any other forum sw which could be integrated
> with WP somehow and which also has some documentation available on
> how to do it (today).
>
>         Ari

Sean Hayford O'Leary
http://sdho.hayfordoleary.com