[bbDev] Tweaking template-functions.php and upgrading?

Aditya Naik so1oonnet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 14:23:03 GMT 2006

a) Can I customize /bb-includes/template-functions.php without causing
no problem on the next upgrade? (I think no) - the answer is no.. it will be
overwritten in the next upgrade.
b) Can the XHTML markup in this file be changed by means of a plugin?
Should I write a plugin instead? yes you can wreite filters for most of the
functions in file.. file a ticket in trac if you find that you cannnot get a
filter to be applied to fix this.
c) Shouldn't be better to move this file (or a part of)
into /bb-templates/ on the next release, so template designers will have
all the power and control over all the generated markup, without causing
problems on upgrade ? can you give specific about what is that needs to be
tweaked in template-functions.php

regards
Aditya

drop by at http://www.adityanaik.com