[bbDev] phpBB to bbPress conversor with bbCode translation

Jaime Gómez Obregón jaime at iteisa.com
Sat Dec 9 13:39:20 GMT 2006

Hi!

This is my first post on this list. I've just decided to move to bbPress
since several years using and hacking Wordpress.

I'm switching a large site's forum from phpBB to bbPress, and I've
released the script I'm using under the terms of the GPL:

http://www.iteisa.com/phpbb2bbpress/

It's largely based on the excellent work of Bruno Torres [1], to which
I've added some features like bbCode to XHTML 1.1 conversion (where
possible), phpBB smilies to text transcription (':wink:' => ';-)' and so
on), as well as sticky and announcement post importing as such.

I've already post a topic on the bbPress' support forums with the
announcement. Hope this helps to spread this great software and web
standards!