[bbDev] Possible Bug: bb_get_user needs a numeric ID

Tom Preuss tompreuss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 15:34:16 GMT 2006

Harvey,

bb-includes/functions.php, lines 466 to 475:

function bb_get_user( $user_id, $cache = true ) {
	global $bb_cache, $bb_user_cache;
	if ( !is_numeric( $user_id ) )
		die('bb_get_user needs a numeric ID');
	$user_id = (int) $user_id;
	if ( isset( $bb_user_cache[$user_id] ) && $cache )
		return $bb_user_cache[$user_id];
	else
		return  $bb_cache->get_user( $user_id, $cache );
}

Somehow you have a user_id in your database that is not numeric.  Did
you edit any files in your install that could have done this?

The only other time I've see this error was when Sean had a
mod_rewrite issue back in January, see
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/bbdev/2006-January/000481.html
for his resolution.

Best regards,