[bbDev] import data

Aaron Crayne aaron at paintbox.org
Tue Sep 20 15:59:57 GMT 2005

I am slowly switching from one forum to this one. The forum I am switching
from is live but not very active.  I really like the features, and most of
all the support and developement team behind bbpress.  All that is more
than worth the fact that bbpress is still in development, and will have
changes.

Now to my question:
Does anybody have any tools or some tips that can help me in getting the
Posts, users, and data from my old forum to bbpress?

I am pretty sure that no import scripts have been written, since this is
still in Alpha, but any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

Right now, I am doing the long and drawn out process of editing sql dumps
to match the new table structure. This is taking quite a bit of time, and
is generating a few minor errors and inconsitancies. If I have to I will
keep doing this (luckily the forum has a small number of posts and users,
so this is not a huge task)