[bbDev] Random username emails sent to my subdomain from bbPressinstall

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:57:22 GMT 2005

On 9/30/05, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> We already have a form of captcha in that they have to activate their
> account before they can do anything.

Well, requiring the account to be activated via the email that's sent
out upon registration is great - it keeps spammers from gaining access
to post on the forum. But with a captcha in place on the registration
page, it would totally prevent the spammers from being able to even
register for an account and make less hassle for the forum admin.

That being said, I think it may better be suited as a plugin - not as
part of the core.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore