[bbDev] Installation of this Forum

Aaron Crayne aaron at paintbox.org
Tue Nov 1 15:22:48 GMT 2005

No, your way off.

frp://hellow.com is your ftp access to put files on your server.
what you should have is the NAME of your database (DB), most likely your
databse is a MySQL and you will have to use a tool (depending on your
webhost) to create the database.
User:  this is the username that you (or your admin) will assign when you
create your database.
Pass:  this is the password that the assigned user will use and something
you will set when you or your admin create your database.

You should probably check with your webhost and see if you have MySQL and
PHP installed on your server.  By chance that you have WordPress installed
and it is fully functional, then open up your wp-config.php file and take
a look at the settings in there, that will give you an idea on what your
settings in here should look like.