[bbDev] Install Guide

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Feb 11 19:31:58 GMT 2005

podz wrote:
> I'm also aware - and Matt you need to chime in here - that bbPress is
> very early software. Very. If we start making nice guides, we run the
> risk of people turning to the software who are not prepared for bugs and
> to actually /help/ with the project. So we then have a mailing list full
> of "I want this" and "Why can't I do that" and "Why is bbPress so
> rubbish compared to xyz". That can only harm the project.
> Apart from Matt, I don't know how many coders are actually working on
> this.....

Right now it's just me. There is currently a deliberate barrier to
installation as the product isn't very mature yet, there isn't even a
default stylesheet. After 1.5 I plan to give it some more love and
finish unifying the user table with WP and then it could benefit from
wider testing.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com