[bbDev] bbPress users?

Aaron Crayne aaron at paintbox.org
Fri Dec 30 13:59:07 GMT 2005

If you are looking to integrate users between WP 2 and bbpress you can add
this to bb-config.php, place it right after $bb->edit_lock = 60;

----cut----

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');

$myhash = md5('http://yourdomain.com'); // No trailing slash.  This should
be WP's 'siteurl', which can be easily found by browsing to
wp-admin/options.php.

$bb->usercookie = 'wordpressuser_' . $myhash;
$bb->passcookie = 'wordpresspass_' . $myhash;
$bb->cookiepath = '/';

---end cut---

I have both installed in the same db, there might be a slight change if
they are in two different db's  but I dont know what that would be.  This
is works pretty good.

Aaron