[bbDev] Re: "You've Been Blocked" Error

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Tue Aug 30 19:34:42 GMT 2005

Dave,  I'm posting this to bbdev for archival purposes.  Be sure to
sign up if you haven't already.

This must be because the account doesn't have any capabilities.  Look
in bbPress' usermeta table for a meta_key that looks like
$bb_table_prefix . 'capabilities' (e.g. bb_capabilities).  If there's
not one, there needs to be.  Create one for the appropriate user id
and give it a meta_value of

a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

Then all should work.  I'm curious, though, how a user managed to get
created without any caps.  Was this a pre-existing user from your WP
install?  That's a situation we haven't dealt with yet.

It'd be great if, and this goes for everyone, during your
integration, you could keep track of all the little annoyances and
any thoughts on how things could be better.  One of bbPress' main
goals is ease of interoperability with WordPress.

Michael