[bbDev] BB & WP together

Visa Kopu visa at visakopu.net
Mon Aug 8 17:39:38 GMT 2005

> You shouldn't be changing anything in bb-settings.php.  Everything
> you'd need to change there is wrapped with if statements, so you can
> preempt those settings by setting them in bb-config.php.
>
> Currently, combining cookies is only easy if your WP site and your bb
> site are on the same domain (i.e. NOT different subdomains).  My setup
> is as follows:

Thanks for your great introduction. I was just starting to get into
combining WP and bb and your tips were just what I was looking for.

However, I'd like to know if someone has found a good solution for
unifying the layout of a WP weblog and a bbPress discussion board. It
seems that it's not possible to include WP files into bb because of
overlapping method names. I wouldn't like to have all my template files
duplicated.

- Visa