[bbDev] Greetings

Damien Spracklin damien at quoddicit.net
Tue Apr 12 16:48:45 GMT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:49:16 +0200 (CEST), admin wrote
> Hello!
> I´m realy looking for that "group implementing" code ...
> Is there any limitations how many private groups you can use ?
>
> And that gravatar looks nice ...
>
> Please post that code ..
>
> //Henrik

I'm in the process of moving across the country right now, but now that I know
someone's interested, I'll get an archive up as soon as I have a chance!

There is no limitation on the number of private groups; what I've done is made
it so that each forum has three group ID entries, for permission to view,
permission to start threads, and permission to reply. If these are 0, everyone
has the associated permission; otherwise, only members of the group in
question do.

This has allowed me to (for example) have a private forum section where only
people in the "Private" group can view or post or start threads, and a News
section where anyone can read or reply but only people in a certain group can
start threads; any permutation of these should work.

I did the latter because I'm using the bbPress to run my front page as well.
The blog-like news that appears there is drawn from the News forum I created -
which is why I made it so that only the "Front Page" group (which happens ot
be just me) can start threads in that forum.

--
Damien Spracklin
Semper Veritas, Quod Dicit.