[Bb-trac] [bbPress] #855: Installer can falsely report old config.php message and fails to report bad db connection details

bbPress bb-trac at lists.bbpress.org
Fri Apr 11 09:54:35 GMT 2008

#855: Installer can falsely report old config.php message and fails to report bad
db connection details
 Reporter:  mdawaffe        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  1.0-alpha (trunk)
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 If you have both a config.php and a bb-config.php, the installer will
 bail.  If you have a bb-config.php file, it shouldn't care whether or not
 you have a config.php file.

 This came up when I redid some stuff in my bb-config.php file.  I
 intentionally broke the db connection details and ended up at the
 installer.  It gave me

 {{{
 An old <code>config.php</code> file has been detected in your
 installation.
 You should remove it and run the <a href="install.php">installer</a>
 again.
 You can use the same database connection details if you do.
 }}}

 rather than any message about an incorrectly configured db.

 Also, the check in validate_current_database() is rather fragile.  Let's
 do an explicit {{{bbdb::db_connect()}}}.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/855>
bbPress <http://bbpress.org/>