[backpress-dev] Getting started with BackPress

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 22:24:20 UTC 2011

/me resend the mail to the mailing list :(

Hi,

On 30 Jan 2011, at 01:44, Alex Hempton-Smith wrote:

> I'm looking into using BackPress to form the start of a CRM I need to build. However, I can't seem to find any tutorials or samples of how to get started with it, or how to create an example application.
>
> Does anybody on the list have any tips or perhaps references to apps I could look at? Trying to dissect the way WP or GlotPress uses it seems quite daunting!

For a fully integrated with the WP User system app then GlotPress is a good place to start.

There aren't any tutorials at present because no-one has had the time to write one and there hasn't been a lot of interest in one.

Also keeping BackPress up-to-date with current WordPress trunk is not currently a priority.

The best way for you to start is to look at GlotPress and ask questions on this list.

I have another BackPress based project which I need to make public which might give you a second view and a greater understanding - I'll look into making it available

Cheers
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5